hello my love,
I'm up too late again, with two tickets to tomorrows sunrise, and I wish you could join me. It's nice here, and when you are up all night in a quiet place it gets you thinking. So I was sitting here thinking, and you crossed my mind, and since you can't be here with me now, at least I can bring you into the moment in some small horribly insufficient way. You're insubstantial and imagined company is nice, thank you for spending the morning with me.
Here is what I'd say to you if you were around, darling:
Shall we go somewhere? Go get some music, some wine, some coil-bound notepads. Lets get on a train. And let's not tell them.
I’ll run away with you.
Just get me away from here
Get us away from wherever we are.
We'll get a trailer, and some instant coffee mix. and I'll wear that green sundress you liked so much, and as we drive off into some sunrise (because sunsets aren't as promising)we'll plan to come back when we're good and ready too, but not before.
we'll be gone.
and sugar, remember that I love you in my own way- which is too say, not at all.
But today I will love you to Texas and back, I promise. I`ll be here to listen to your problems, I might even try and help. I'll give you my last good pen, and I won't make snide comments about your hair, or shoes or anything. I`d sing you a lullaby if you wanted, I`d let you say anything and I wouldn`t think to judge. You can have all my best recipes, all my kisses, all my secrets, all my attention, you could have all of me, you`d just have to ask. The only thing you can`t have is tomorrow. I will never promise you any tomorrows. But you already know that.
-your wallflower
No comments:
Post a Comment